Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Monday, January 19, 2009

5 MONTHS!!









 


 


Nathan turned 5 months on Jan 18th. This month has been busy but so fun. We did do a lot of travelling early in the month, but we have also done a lot of playing. Nathan has really started to love his toys. He likes to prop sit against me and play with a mini-drum set that Dan's friend gave him, he loves his exersaucer and jump-jump (new this month), and of course everything within his reach he trys to bring to his mouth and chew. I am just amazed at how much more interactive he has become this month. He has also started rolling from his belly to his back (he sees no need to roll from his back to his belly as of now), and is babbling non-stop(wonder who he gets that from). He still loves to take baths and just smiles and kicks kicks kicks. So far so good with two naps a day and good sleeping at night, but I still get up and feed him at 11 and he still loves to be swaddled. Im sure teething is going to throw us for a loop next month. Recently Nathan has had a couple of fits when his mommy isn't around so I am going to have to let him out of my sight some more to get him used to other people. I think it will be just as hard for me as it is for him. I told Dan the other day that I am going to be so sad when he goes off to kindergarten and I won't have him with me all day, but of course Dan just looked at me and reminded me that I have 5 more years so don't worry about that now. Nathan has been smiling and laughing much more now and lights up when I get him up in the morning and when Dan comes home from work. Dan has also been rocking him to sleep at night (another step of me weaning myself off of the baby). Other major first this month include Nathan discovering his toes and loving to chew on them (makes a mother proud). The big "FIRST" is that we gave him some oatmeal for the first time tonight and he did pretty good with it. He didn't seem to mind it and loved grabbing the spoon and playing in the oatmeal. Hope he continues to like it and the other foods we will start him on later. Overall, we love our little guy and continue to praise the LORD, "for every good and perfect gift comes from above."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shireen said...

Nathan, HAPPY 5 MONTHS, buddy!!

Somehow, the Lord lays you on my heart on or around each 18th of the month, and I remember that you were born on that date in August!!

My brain is having a HARD time wrapping around the fact that you are already 5 months old! I LOVE to watch you interact with Mommy and Daddy, and you do smile SO much, recently! You're 'cooing' and trying so hard to talk. You are your mommy and daddy made over! The desire to talk most definitely comes from your mommy, and I LOVE that about you and Mommy! She and I get along great, so I imagine you and I will continue to follow suit!

So, did you like the Oatmeal??? I'll bet it was yummy AND fun (slimy! :)) to play with! And that fun spoon! Yeah, you can't beat eating with a tool that looks like a drum stick! :) You definitely get your musical inclination from Daddy! Stick with the drums! You're set b/c Daddy has a huge set of them downstairs! You're going to drive Mom bonkers one day b/c she'll want you to come to dinner, and you'll still be downstairs beating on those drums! :)

I'm proud of you, little man! Ashley, I'm so proud of you and Dan, too! I love to watch and learn from you guys, as we get ready to parent Rhys!

Thank you again for letting us come hang out with you over some YUMMY coconut cream pie ;) and Joker (of course!!) on Friday night! You know that I LOVE being with you guys! I really do think Nathan was flirting with me from across the table! ;) Hee hee! He's probably just cking out the big belly and wondering when his buddy will come out to play!

Well, we'll keep you posted on that one! :)

Love you all!!!