Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Monday, January 12, 2009

Stone Mountain Georgia

 


After seeing the museums in downtown Atlanta we drove 30 minutes to our hotel in Stone Mountain. The next morning we got up, bundled up and headed to Stone Mountain Park. It was very very cold but that didn't stop us from climbing aboard the cable car that took us to the top of the mountain to see the spectacular sites, and hike the 1 1/2 mile hike down. Once we got down about 15 minutes of the way it warmed up because the trees blocked the wind. Before you get angry that we took Nathan out in the cold you have to know that we had him very bundled: two layers of shirts, pants, socks and shoes, a fleece jacket with a hood and a hat under his hood and socks over his hands for mittens and a blanket wrapped all the way around him and he was in the front carrier up against Dan; so other than his cheeks his whole body was nice and toasty. As you can see in the pictures he fell asleep while walking so he must not have minded. We are just training him to enjoy the outdoors. Despite the cold it was gorgeous and a lot of fun. The hiking trail may look steep but it is very manageable and family-oriented. On our way back home we had to finish off the trip with a late lunch at Cracker-Barrel just to make sure Anna Laura got a true taste of the South.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shireen said...

Well, you canNOT beat a good, COLD hike, followed by a YUMMY Cracker Barrell meal. I'm just glad that your last yummy meal there was with us! Hee hee!! Lemme guess...you got the chicken tenders, okra, carrots and apples! Of course, the biscuits!!

Dan did NOT get the grilled fish this time! Huh? :) Hee hee!

Okay, rest up, friend...I'm glad you're back for a little while!! How amazing is it that the Lord allowed us to hold off on having our sweet Rhys until you were back in town and available to come be by our sides! I just KNEW he was coming during the holidays, but the Lord's timing is PERFECT, and he'll be in our arms soon enough and ready for his Aunt Ashley, Uncle Dan and best buddy Nathan to greet him with open arms!

Okay, into the New Year, and I'm excited to getting back to our WEEKLY get-togethers/accountability! Let's hold each other accountable to that! :) You'll have to visit us, I suppose, for a while! Yay!!! I'll have LOTS of questions, as a new mommy, I'm sure!