The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Saturday, April 25, 2009
The Dawn of a New Era
I have been meaning to post about this exciting time for awhile yet never had a picture of our new "baby." But now that I do I have to share how the tables have turned and how a new era of life has begun. Yep, thats right, out with the old(but so dearly loved) and in with the new(and oh so practical). I had a 1995 Honda Accord which i got when I was a senior in high school. I loved that car and it took me on so many great road trips in college and grad school and for many more years after that. However, after having Nathan and knowing that my dearly beloved was almost 15 years old we knew that sometime soon we would need a newer and larger car. It was a couple months ago when we got the phone call from my dad. He was so excited to tell us what a great deal he had found at a used car lot in huntsville. He was right, it was a GREAT deal, so we decided it was time for a minivan. We thank him for the find and also for the financing and thank God for His provision. Another great praise is that although she was loved and had just been fixed up to last a couple more years we knew we needed to sell our honda accord(tealy was her name; and yes TEAL was the cool color in 1995). A couple in our core group mentioned during our prayer request time that they needed a cheap yet reliable car, and praise God we knew exactly where they could get one. We sold them our Honda Accord which helped even more in the paying of our new Honda Odyssey. Yes we are Honda snobs. It was a bit hard to swallow that I turned 31 and got a minivan in the same day but I love it so much already (no name yet so we will have to work on that). And just to prove my point (to myself as well as others) that minivans are great, two of my great friends have recently been fortunate enough to get one as well. Check them out here and here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yay for Dana!!! I just left her a comment!
Yay for "soccer moms"!! :)
Post a Comment