Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Friday, September 11, 2009

Greener Pastures

 


This collage is a tribute to my dog Piper. I should say, my old dog and my mom's new dog. I got Piper 5 years ago when she was 4 months old. I loved her from the very first time I saw her at the pound and named her Piper because she was so HYPER. However, after a little time she did calm down and she was a very fun dog. Notice I said fun, not sweet. Yes, she was always sweet to me, Dan, and most others who stayed around for awhile. But she was always a bit fiesty with anyone new who came over, and never got used to Nathan. I think it was out of fear that she was so fiesty but nevertheless, after two times of obedient school and 5 years of "working" on her I decided she was just not a kid-friendly dog. The blessing in all of this is that my mom always loved Piper as much as I did and her and my dad would always buy her presents and keep her when we were away. So when my mom offered to take her I was very grateful. Now I do have to say I miss her and I am sad, but not near as sad as I would be if I just had to give her away. I think it will be "Greener Pastures" for all of us: Piper will get a lot more attention, my mom will have a walking buddy, and I wont feel guilty for not playing with her, or nervous about having people over. I hope you like the pictures of Piper, she was definitley a trooper to put on crazy outfits and pose for lots of pictures.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brad and Barbie said...

Awww, bye bye Piper. Sounds like this was a good decision for ya'll. I know you'll miss Piper a lot though.

Joshua Tyler & Millie Jane said...

Okay so I teared up when I read the new post. Definitely know it is for the best. And like you said your mom and dad are loving it too! I hope you guys are doing well. We have so much to catch up on. Nathan is such a handsome little guy! Love ya'll!

Kathryn said...

We know what it's like to have to make that decision- not easy! But how great that piper is just w/ your parents and you'll be able to visit! Congrats on the "greener pastures" for all of you!