The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Luke Daniel Matteo
Luke Daniel Matteo was born on Wed. July 21st at 1:10 am. He weighed in at 7lbs 4oz and was 20 inches long. We are so grateful for the healthy delivery and baby. God is greatly to be praised. The verse we have chosen for Luke is Gal 1:15 "But God has special plans for me and set me apart for His work even before I was born. He called me through His grace."
The delivery story: I was supposed to have a scheduled c-section on that wed at 5 am. However all day Tuesday I felt a little different and I just figured it was because I was so big and pregnant. My parents came around 6 that evening and we went out to eat at the Fish Market restaurant. Well as soon as dinner was over I got a big contraction. It was quite uncomfortable but I wasn't worried because I knew I was going to be going to the hospital in the morning. Well the contractions kept coming and getting worse and worse and closer together. At 11 I told Dan to take a shower and put the bags in the car just in case. By 11:15 I decided I didn't want to do this all night at home and I called the hospital and they told me to come on in. By the time I got to the hospital the contractions were 5 minutes apart. The nurses started checking me in and then one nurse said if she is ready to have the baby the on-call doctor will be ready in 30 minutes. Needless to say I was ready to the nurses went into overdrive to get my blood drawn, the monitors hooked up and my IV in. By 1:10 am Wed morning my precious Luke arrived. Everything went really smooth and I was glad to have that baby out and enjoying him by 5am that morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! So happy for you all!!
Congratulations, Dan & Ashley! He is beautiful! We are praying for you guys and hope you are enjoying precious little Luke!
Hey, girl,
I loved reading the birth story!!! Yeah, I don't blame you ONE BIT for not wanting to go through that night with those contractions!
Hey, you got to experience some spontaneity upon Luke's delivery!! :) How nice that he was already there with you guys for the scheduled c-section time!! ;) Ha!!
Well, he's precious...looks like Nathan, an obvious combination of you and Dan. It'll be fun and amazing to see the physical and personality differences of the boys as they grow up together.
Congratulations, sweet friend, and a big thank you to Dan for all the pics while you were loopy, visiting with others and caring for the new man! ;)
Love you!
Post a Comment