The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Sunday, May 15, 2011
See Dan Run
Yep, thats right, there is no typo in the title. Dan was actually running; and if you take notice I think I see a smile on his face. How can this be? He promised me as a New Year's Resolution that he would run a 5K this year. I quickly started looking up local 5Ks and found this one in May at the zoo. Since Dan loves the zoo and it was far enough away from January that he would have time to train yet not too late in the summer where it would be hot, he agreed to do it. He grumbled and complained(mainly to drive me crazy) everytime he had to go running or if I mentioned anything about the race. However, it was a blessing to have 5 other people from his work training for this race also, and my good friend Karen signed up at the last minute and helped pace him the whole way. The weather was also perfect. He still might not admit to having fun but he made it through it and told me he was glad he did it(thats a victory in my book). I promised I wouldn't pressure him to do another one but you never know, the competitive bug may get a hold of him soon. He's already said a couple times, i think i could do it under 30 min if I really trained. We shall see what the future holds for this "non-runner" but I'm just thankful for his diligience in doing it and for God blessing him with a good race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Dan!! That's awesome!! Pretty nice running form, too!! Heehee! I'll have to share this with Eric. :-)
Post a Comment