Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blueberry Picking

 


We went blueberry picking this morning with our good friends, the Blairs. I grew up going berry picking and look forward to going every summer. So far I haven't instilled the true love of PICKING with any of my other family members, but I'm working on it. I hope that it will be a family tradition we continue. Its not that Nathan doesn't enjoy going, its just that he doesn't quite get the concept of picking them and KEEPING them in the basket. He picked a couple, ate a bunch, dumped some out and then was off to new ideas such as throwing rocks and hiding in the bushes. I did get a whole basket and we all did have fun. Charlie was a little better at picking them but wanted to pick the blue and red ones even though his mommy get trying to teach him that they are called BLUEberries for a reason. As for the little boys, they were troopers and kept fairly calm in their strollers, with the assistance of the big ones feeding them blueberries on a consistent basis. I definitley see some blueberry pancakes in our near future!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: