Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Letter "D"

 


This week we learned about the Letter "D" with our main focus on Ducks, Dinosaurs and the Dentist. The dentist appointment had been scheduled for awhile but when I realized it landed on our "D" week I was excited. We read a couple books about the dentist and although Nathan was a bit nervous(I could tell) about going he did really well and the place we went to was really great for kids. They were very patient, explained everything they were going to do, and he left will a bag full of toys, stickers, a balloon animal, and a new toothbrush. Don't tell the Dentist but afterwards we went and got a Donut for our "D" snack of the week. Our Duck activities included reading the books Love-a-duck, Chicken Chicken Duck, and Jemima Puddle Duck by Beatrice Potter. Nathan especially like Love-a-duck and named his foam craft duck Love-a-duck. The craft was fun and he is getting a little better with glueing (a little). We also went to go feed the ducks at Star Lake which is always a favorite activity. For dinosaurs we painted with some dinosaur stencils and I had a dinosaur place mat that we used to match up with our toy dinosaurs that we hadn't played with in awhile. The dinosaur books we liked were Dinosaur Stomp and How a Dinosaur Says I Love You. The suprise "D" was Dark because we lost power Monday night and didn't get it back until late Wednesday. Thankfully the temperature was nice outside.
Our Bible verse for the week was Philippians 2:14 "Do all things without complaining or disputing." The book had a good story about how complaining and disputing is when we whine or argue. We got to recite this verse a lot this week but I can't say its changed our heart yet(keep praying for that one).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Girl...i'm so impressed...now getting off of blogs so i don't feel under the pile! ;) love you!

Katie said...

That duck picture is very cute!