Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Ice cream

So I had this “great” idea the other day…however it definitely wasn’t thought through before making mention of it.  The boys and I were playing around the house with no real plans and I saw in the basement an ice cream maker that my parents  had given us that we had never opened. So without thinking I said out loud… “we should make some ice cream”.  Well they boys were ecstatic.  However, then I realized I had NONE of the ingredients at home.  No prob, we drove up to Piggly Wiggly and got the needed ingredients and headed back to churn some ice cream.  Of course we all know it takes HOURS to make the ice cream(mixing ingredients,  churning, and then freezing).  Nathan enjoyed mixed the ingredients together and then watching it all churn up while he helped pour in the rock salt.  After the churning I let him have a little bowl (which was still quite soupy but appeased his impatient soul).  Then thankfully after naps it was all thickened up and we all had a delicious bowl of homemade ice cream. It was quite the job but definitely yummy!!!

_AMM3246_AMM3250_AMM3263

_AMM3268_AMM3275_AMM3291

_AMM3271_AMM3273_AMM3287

_AMM3287_AMM3289_AMM3290

No comments: