As I sat with my family together this year at Thanksgiving it was easy to be thankful for the many blessings we have. We all sat there together, in health, in a nice home, with plenty of food, and we all thanked our One True God for being the Giver of all these things. However, I don’t want this thankful heart to stop after this holiday is over or if at some time we are not blessed as we were this year with health and plenty. As I read these verses I want myself to always be full of Thanksgiving because I will always have the One True God as my Savior, Father, Provider, and Protector.
Col 2:6-7 “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” (emphasis mine)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (emphasis mine)
My parents and brother came into town from huntsville and it was wonderful. The weather was great so we played outside A LOT, my mom and brother brought and cooked almost all the food (AND MOM AND DAD CLEANED UP!!!)
After taking pictures of so many other families at the Bluff Park Barn I thought we would go up there for some fun…and photos. We also spent some time at the Dog Park in Hoover to let my parent’s dog and the boys run around.
Oh yeah and the Iron Bowl was ummmmmm, wonderful!
Nathan cut out and glued together an Indian and Pilgrim hat but he didn’t care to wear them. But Luke was fired up with the Indian hat and thought that him and Daddy should put on a Thanksgiving concert.
I forgot to take pictures of any of the food (I guess I was too busy drooling over it and eating it) but here were some of our table decorations. Luke helped me stamp our napkins and Nathan helped cut out leaves for all the people we were thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment