Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Blueberry Picking




One of my favorite activities that we did while the family was in town was go blueberry picking. I don't really know what is so special about picking your own fruit but I still love it. I grew up going berry picking with my family up in Tennessee, and then my friend Heidi and I got to pick rasberries in New Zealand, and Dan took my peach picking while we were dating and every time I have really enjoyed getting outside in the fields and picking an enormous amount of fruit for such a reasonable price. Now please don't get me wrong, I do think the novelty of it all would quickly diminsh if I had to do this everyday, but every once in a while I really enjoy getting out there picking. We picked 2 gallons of blueberries and I have enjoyed eating them with my cereal, over pound cake with whipped cream, and my all-time favorite, blueberry pancakes. I still have over a gallon left but thankfully I haven't tired of them yet. As I said earlier, I had a great time on this little outing and I hope everyone else did too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: