The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Frenulum
You may wonder what a frenulum is. It is the string that is underneath your tongue (there are other places you may have a frenulum in your mouth connecting to different parts of your gum, but the one under your tongue is the most prominent one). Well the reason i bring it up is that sweet Nathan had to get his clipped last week. My brother and i both had to get ours' clipped when we were 5 and 4 years old. When we saw that Nathan's was tight we wanted to go ahead and do it early so he wouldn't have to be put under anesthesia like my brother and i had to. It was a quick procedure yet still traumatic for the mommy. We put some lidocaine on a q-tip and put it under his tongue, then he had to be strapped down to a papoose board, then they pulled his tongue back and snip snip. He really only cried a minute or two but it was still not fun. But recently he has found his 10 fingers and i know he loves the fact that he can move his tongue around a lot more. I wasn't going to post about this but then i remembered that we took this picture in the doctor's office afterwards and it cracked me up. You can see who he gets his pouty lips from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nathan, Your mommy may think she has pouty lips, but I guarantee you that your daddy KNOWS they are some SEXY lips! ;) Truly, you have the BEST mommy...she cares so much about you and having SO much FUN with you!
I'm excited about being on the other side of pregnancy so that I can spend more time with you guys.
Nathan, you have no idea what you went through in having your little bitty frenulum snipped, but you are BRAVE, and your mommy is too!
I love you both, and I'm excited to watch your parents dedicate you unto our LORD in just 3 days!
Love you guys!
Shireeny
Sad! I hated reading that...it makes me sad for him. I am so glad he is doing ok, and it sounds like it was the best thing to go ahead and have it done!
oh, and i loved your fall pics! Nathan is precious....he looks so much like dan to me :)
I'm glad you guys did that at an early age. I remember having mine cut - I was about 7 - I remember to this day - it was a horrible experience.
Post a Comment