The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Puree Party
This past week my friend Karen and I got together for a Puree Party. As our boys are getting to the age of eating more solids we thought we would try making our own baby food. We bought sweet potatoes, butternut squash, apples, and pears. We cooked them, peeled them, chopped them, pureed them, and split it all up between the two of us. It wasn't hard but it was a little time consuming; however now both of our freezers are full for awhile. As the pictures show Nathan was a bit skeptical of the squash at first, but he ended up eating a full serving and I think liked it. I sure hope so because I have a lot of it, and pureed squash doesn't usually go over very well at a pot-luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Looks like you and Karen had a fun time pureeing! :) Poor Nathan...squash! ;) I'm sure Dan agrees!! Hee hee!
I loved the hiking pics with Karen and Heidi, too!
Happy Sunday, and I'll ring you in the morning as I head out to the class! Please pray that Rhys continues to get well and that he feels up to going...and me too. :)
Ashley,
Can you believe that Nathan is so big already. Love the pictures and I know you guys are having an amazing time being parents to such an adorable little man.
love
the burgess'
Post a Comment