The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Monday, March 16, 2009
Running in the Rain
Saturday March 14th was my birthday and about a month ago i saw that there was a 5K at Dawson Baptist church that morning so I thought it would be fun to get some friends together to do the Run/Walk. Well, unfortunatley it was pouring down rain which did not make for a great morning to get out, especially those who had babies. So it was a smaller group but i do have to thank my determined friends who got out in the rain with me to run. My friend Lisa blew past us and ran the race in 25:19, my good friend from work, Emily, and i ran it in 27:27. I got to run a little with a new friend from church, Katherine, who finished a little ahead of Emily and I, and I also "ran" into an old friend from PT school Christa. The biggest hero was my mom who walked it in the rain AND did it in remarkably good time 49:54 (great time for walking!). Dan, Nathan and my brother were there taking pics and cheering us on and my dad was back at the house getting things ready for a little post-race party. Thanks to my dear friends Shireen, Karen, and Dana for coming over to help celebrate with me even in the bad weather (sorry I forgot to take pics of the party).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry we didn't make it by the house. We were waiting on the plumber to get to the house. They had already canceled from Friday so I was determined to get my water pressure fixed! Hope you had a very Happy Birthday!
I know Katherine!!! Yay!!
She's in my Wed nt Titus study group! How fun!! Glad you got those fun pics. I'm so proud of you for running in the rain. :) I love the post title.
Post a Comment