The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
My Lucky Day
This past weekend Dan and I were walking in our neighborhood and I stopped to look for a four-leaf clover in a clover patch down the street. After 2-3 minutes of not finding one we kept walking but I told Dan how much I loved looking for four-leaf clovers and that during college I was always stopping to look for them in between classes. I reflected back on the time in which I found 11 in one patch and then the other time when I went running on the lakeshore trail and was enticed to look in a clover patch off the trail and found 26 four-leaf clovers. I had to quit my run early and bring them back home so that I could make crafts out of them. He of course laughed at me and told me i was gready to take all 26; but he then remembered that I gave him a book mark while we were dating that had a four-leaf clover on it and i told him it was from the patch that I got it. Anyways, we continued walking and I saw another patch and since I was on a high from discussing my past finds I stopped to look again and right there before me was a gorgeous four-leaf clover, and then another, and another.... Dan only let me take four home but I was excited all night (yeah, i excite easily). Today I went on a walk with my friend Karen Blair and I told her where we may be able to find some four-leaf clovers. I took my camera so that i could take some pics and she was excited because she had never found one before. As we approached the patch she looked down and found one right away. So once again Dan was right in not letting me take all of them the first time. Now I got to have two days of excitement and Karen got to find her first one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE how you made the 4-leaf clover GREEN and the background is GRAY! You're so good with photography, Ashley!! How neat that you found them!!
{But remember that "luck" is a 4-letter word ;) hee hee!}
Post a Comment