Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

 


This past weekend my parents came into town to celebrate Mother's Day. Dan surprised me Friday after work with roses and then on Sunday gave me a goody bag with a CD(The Zac Brown Band...a fun country/folk CD) and my favorite coconut truffle candies. My parents brought the gorgeous plants that you see planted in our front yard and hanging on our front porch (that is until they die... i don't have a great track record with plants). My mom cooked ribs on Saturday night and we got to have Shireen and Rhys join us which was special. Then on Sunday morning my mom and i cooked a yummy brunch. It was weird getting spoiled as i did(actually I'm quite spoiled most of the time) on mother's day because although i know I'm a mother i always love spoiling my mom on this day for she has always been and still is a fantastic mother and someone i definitely look up to in many areas. I am very thankful to have her and my mother-in-law(who raised a wonderful man just for me) who love me so much and have set such great examples of being Godly, loving, selfless, and wise women. Thank you! And of course I had to include some pictures of Nathan, who is of course the best present I could ever ask for, and I thank God every single day for him! 2 Cor 9:15 "Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shireen said...

I LOVE all the pics! Especially the one of you and your mom!! :)

I LOVE that I'm included!! :) I'm a VERY BLESSED young lady!! God has ALWAYS loved on me through you, your parents and now through your hubby and baby boy! :)

I can hardly BELIEVE we're MOMMIES for Mother's Day this year!! WOW!!

Thank you for tonight! :)