The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Monday, July 6, 2009
Let Freedom Ring
We had a great time up at my parent's lake house this past weekend. The weather was great, the food was great, and we got to spend some fun time with my parents, our good friends we dont get to visit with that much(Barbie and Brad and Karen Connor) as well as some new friends we enjoyed getting to know better(Alicia and Josh). We also got an amazing show by God Himself with a beautiful sunset, and then fun times roasting smores one night and watching fireworks the next night. Nathan was so excited that he started clapping for the first time this weekend! YAY!
Although I usually use this post to mainly keep friends and family up-to-date with pictures(because Im sure you hear me talk enough as it is), I do want to elaborate a little on some emotions this year's Fourth of July brought. We had a very "traditional" 4th of July which is great but it also made me not want to miss out on the true meaning of the holiday. I am so thankful for this country that my family and I live in and for all the freedom we really have. I know this freedom didn't and still doesn't come without great sacrifice. I want to thank our men and women who are serving our country (I have to give a personal shout out to the men I do know who are currently serving here or away: Gabe Ridley, Jonathan, David, and Charlie Tyson, and Russell Wright) as well as their families who are serving alongside them through encouragement and prayers. When I think about our soldiers I think of the verse Gal 5:13 "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." I know this verse applies to all of us, for we are all called to freedom(by the grace of God), but our soldiers display such a selfless attitude and i thank them for their service.
I also want to truly remind us all that no matter where we live or move or travel to, we are all free in Christ and that is definiltey something to celebrate. Three verses that remind me of such freedom include:
John 8:32 "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." I praise the Lord for giving us His Word and for all the freedom it gives us.
2 Cor 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." For all who believe in God we have the Spirit of God among us and therefore we are free. Praise Him!
Gal 5:1"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." Let us all rest in this simple yet profound verse and truly rest in the freedom Christ brought for us.
Thanks for hearing me out(reading on and on) and lets thank our soldiers and praise our mighty Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great post! Picture and message. Cant wait to see you guys thinking about going up there July 25th and then keep going to missouri to see my godmother - my godfather passed away June 23.
Post a Comment