The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Chattanooga Triathlon
The big day finally arrived. I have been training all spring and summer for "triathlon season" and had done 2 earlier in the summer which were sprint distances. Yet the main event was this past weekend; an Olympic distance triathlon which was in Chattanooga, TN. The distances were 1 mile swim, 26 mile bike, and 6.2 mile run. I had done it two summers ago and thought that it was the hardest event I had ever done and I really about keeled over afterwards. So this year I knew more of what to expect and therefore did more training on the run(my most difficult event). Well the big day arrived and although I was anxious before it started I felt fairly relaxed once I started the swim. The swim went well and the bike was ok (although hillier then i had remembered) and then the dreaded run came. The funny thing was that when I looked at my watch at the beginning of the run it was the same exact time(to the second) as two years ago so i knew i had to go hard to beat my time. Thankfully God allowed it to be overcast and kind of rainy which cooled it off and He also gave me the strength to dig deep and I beat my overall time by 9 minutes. And although very tired afterwards I felt better than the time before. All in all it was a good event and I was thankful to have done it. The pictures above include: Dan and Nathan with me at the end(such great supporters); My friend and training partner, Lisa, (who motivates me to get up at 5:00 in the morning to run, ride, or swim); a picture of our swim course in the Tennessee River; and the glorious FINISH line!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You are superwoman!!! I am so proud! You truly motivate me. Just let me tell ya, not many mommies can pull that off! WAY TO GO!!!!
Way to go, Ashley! What a great accomplishment to be a 2-time full-course triathlete!!
Post a Comment