The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Christmas Decorations
This year I got kind of behind on my Christmas decorations since we were out of town for Thanksgiving and it took me awhile to get everthing unpacked and washed. I finally got my Christmas stuff out last week and finished it up last night. The two newest additions are my advent calendar that I made, and my little helper/destroyer. As far as the calendar goes, I got my inspiration from my friend Shireen who hand-stitched and embroidered a gorgeous advent calendar for their mantel. I am not a sewer so I found these cute velvet bags for 15 cents each on the internet and then just got gift tags and numbers and then hung it up. I included verses from Luke's account of Jesus's birth and of course chocolate in every bag. This year I am just enjoying looking at it and Dan's enjoying the chocolate but my intentions for upcoming years are to go through each verse with Nathan and all of us memorize the story of Jesus's birth, and of course I will have to put two pieces of chocolate so Dan and Nathan can each have a treat. As far my little helper goes, we are having a great time with him. Its amazing to see the ornaments I made of his footprints last year and now he is running all around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks great!!!
Way to go, girl!
you're crafty project turned out great!!!!
Post a Comment