Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Monday, July 5, 2010

Luke's Nursery

 


 


 


 


I am officially nesting, or at least just ready to have Luke here. I have washed all the clothes, finished his nursery and even packed his bag for the hospital. My scheduled c-section is not until July 21st but I am hoping that by having everything ready will make the days go by a little faster. Its kind of a bitter sweet emotion because I am soooooooooo ready to not be pregnant and sooooooooooo excited to meet Luke. However, I am trying to soak up all the fun times with Nathan being my only baby(I think he will always be my "baby").

As far as the nursery goes, I originally thought about doing a cowboy/western theme but I got the crib and bedding free from my friend and I already had the twin bed and bedding from Nathan's room. The stripes complimented each other so I just decided to do a simple decor with stripes and stars. My mom made the curtains and I got the rocking chair for $20 at a consignment sale. The window above the crib has items my good friend Shireen gave me and once Luke is born we plan to put black and white pictures in the panels.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

love it! so proud of you being thrifty like me!!! :) love the window above the bed for black and whites. love ya!! dana

Shireen said...

Ashley, it looks so sweet! :) Okay, so only 15 days!!! When I texted you last night, I was thinking the 24th, but WOW! Oh, my! SO SOON!!! :) YAY!!!

The nursery looks wonderful and very welcoming for the little Lukester! ;)

Alicia said...

LOVE IT!!! That window is great! What a fun idea to put b&w's in there, too! Luke is going to love his room:)