Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!!!

What a wonderful opportunity we have to celebrate our Risen King! We had a great time visiting with my parents and brother this weekend and our church service was amazing! I also read an article on this blog that was so powerful. I would encourage everyone to read this short article, its humorous and humbling at the same time. In brief the author is a mother or 4 and discusses that there are always things laying on the floor that could pose a problem to anyone who was barefoot. Since she is barefoot most of the time she has had many injuries. Before she had children if she got hurt she would quickly cry out and feel sorry herself over the pain. However, she realized that after she had children, now when she steps on something she is quick to thank God that it was her that got hurt instead of one of her precious children's' feet. This then brought her to remember how Jesus must have felt when He was spit at and ridiculed He probably said "Better Me than one of my children", or when He was beat with whips "Better Me than one of My children", or when He had to carry the heavy cross and wear the crown of thorns "Better Me than one of my children", or when nails went into both His hands and feet "Better Me than one of my children". I thank this sweet mom for such an incredible viewpoint. It also reminded me of this powerful truth from Scripture John 13:1b "...Having loved His own who were in the world, He now showed them the full extent of His love."

Now some pictures



Our friends, the Drakes




























1 comment:

Shireen said...

I love all the pics, but I think my favorite is the one of Kevin holding Luke! :) Precious!! :)