The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Friday, September 30, 2011
Letter "G"
We are still finishing up our "G" week but I thought I would go ahead and post the pics since I'm already on the computer. Our verse is Mark 16:15 "Go into all the world an preach the gospel to all creatures." I loved how both Go and Gospel were key words in this verse and both started with "G" so Nathan was excited about both of them. The book talks about how Gospel means Good News. Nathan's response was "Oh, I watch the news with Daddy." I chuckled on the inside but it was a good way to bring up the difference in news which is bad and scary a lot of the times (and no we dont have a habit of watching the news with Nathan very often just for that reason) but the Good News of the Gospel is that God loves us so much that He sent Jesus down to die for our sins so we could be forgiven and have eternal life in heaven. Not sure how much sank in but it has been fun planting seeds.
Our two main themes were Gorilla and Guitar. The books we got were Good Night Gorilla(one we already had and has been one of Nathan's favorite books for almost a year now), One Gorilla, My friend Gorilla, and Ooo, Ooo, Ooo Gorilla. All fun and well written books. We also checked out several Guitar CDs from the library which Nathan liked. The crafts I chose were super easy for me this week. I already had a guitar cut out that I had made for his bday party yet never used so I let him paint it. Then I had a guitar stamp(along with lots of other stamps) so he had fun stamping one day(whatever kind of ink I have was not easy to get off... note to self), and I had several pictures in a Jungle Coloring book of gorillas so one day he just colored a couple of the pictures and then another day I had him tear black pieces of paper up to make the gorilla's fur and then I cut out yellow pieces of paper for him to glue on. Another activity we did on the day it rained ALL day was finding letters hidden in sand. I got some sand from our outdoor sandbox that was dry and put it in a shoe box. I would hide 5 letters at a time and he would have to find them and then think of a word that started with that letter. We have brought that out several times this week which has been fun yet still quite messy. Oh, and i had to include a picture of the everyday activity of Nathan playing the guitar even though this happens a lot more often than just during the "G" week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yall are doing GREAT!! How's that for a "G" word? :) I enjoy reading all that you're posting! I'm not always able to comment, but know that I'm enjoying it all the same!
Keep it up! :)
Post a Comment