Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Monday, September 26, 2011

Luke's Update

Looking out the window at the hummingbirds at our feeder
 


An impromptu pose sitting next to a mirror that I was switching out
 


Playing in the bath
 


His first finger/body painting experience
 


Luke, Luke, Luke. Boy do we love you and boy is it a good thing you're so cute. This child keeps us ALL on our toes. This past week he fell off the playhouse in the backyard (again). Then a couple days later Nathan caught him right before he fell down our neighbor's concrete steps. Its not like I'm not watching him, he just knows the rare moments when he is alone and "free" and he just takes off. He really is still not interested at all in walking (even with lots of encouraging and prodding from me) but I guess its because he can move so fast crawling or climbing that he has no need to walk. Oh well, in God's time he will be upright one of these days. On another note, he is picking up on things so much recently. He will wave hi, or bye many times without me even saying anything and he loves to blow kisses. The other night my heart melted into putty because I layed him down for bed, kissed him and said "I love you" and he looked up at me and blew me a kiss and said "momma" at the same time. I of course repeated the whole scenario again three times and he did the same thing three times. I would have kept going but I wanted to leave before he got bored of it. He still LOVES patty cake and peek-a-boo and his new favorite song is "This little piggy". Nathan will sing it and count on Luke's hand while they are both in their car seats and luke just cracks up the whole time. He is still a good eater and really eats just about anything he can shove in his mouth. And he is much better at drinking from a sippy cup then Nathan was for sure. The new cutest thing he does is he really loves to dance and shake whenever the music is on(which is continously at our house). He will be playing and if a familiar song comes on he will stop and start shaking and dancing. Happy 14th months sweet Luke!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alicia said...

He is adorable!!!

Katie said...

What a little DOLL! Love those pictures you took! Does he have a walker to practice walking in? If not, Shireen has mine and you can borrow.