The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Letter "H"
We had fun using our HANDS during our "H" week. There were two great books about hands and crafts with finger/hand painting that I found at the library. (Hands Down was the craft book and My Hands was the other one). The other "H" books we enjoyed were: a couple books about horses, some hippo board books, The Hat, Happy Birthday: the story behind the song, Happy Birthday Harvey Hare, A House is a House for Me, and Pumpkin Hill. I wanted to incorporate Halloween into this week but couldn't find any that were worth reading except for Pumpkin Hill which was cute.
The crafts we did were handpainting and making different pictures from our hand prints(a reindeer with antlers, flowers, turkeys, a butterfly and a tree); a candy-corn "H"; a coloring page with "H" words, and then I cut out different strips from felt and paper and sandpaper so Nathan could feel all the different textures and then make "H's" out of the strips.
Our verse was Ex 20:12 "Honor your mother and father." Great verse even though it doesn't really have an "H" sound to it. Nathan didn't notice or care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment