The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Thursday, October 27, 2011
The Letter "J"
We had fun with our letter "J" last week. I forgot to take pictures of the books we read but our themes were Jets, Jaguars, and Jack-o-lanterns. I made paper airplanes for the jets and Nathan had fun flying/crashing them around. Then we made a "J" Jaguar that was in the Jungle. And the biggest hits were the two pumpkin crafts. One was an official jack-o-lantern that Dan carved with Nathan's supervision and then the second was an idea from my neighbor about painting a pumpkin. I taped two strips around the pumpkin and nathan picked out 3 colors and him and luke painted the top, middle, and bottom different colors. After it dried I took the tape off and painted an "M" for Matteo. I loved how it turned out and it lasts a lot longer than our Jack-o-lantern that got moldy after just a couple of days. The only warning I give about the painting is that we used "washable" acrylic paint that washed right off their skin but NOT off their clothes. I had to just throw their outfits away. Oh well, lesson learned.
Our verse was "Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life." John 14:6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment