Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breakfast with Luke

Last week I sat down with Luke as I do every morning and I had his yogurt and two spoons.  He has always wanted his own spoon since the first day of baby food.  However, while I tried to give him a bite he started getting mad so I tried to give him some water, then showed him his spoon, then traded spoons.  He kept getting more and more angry and just threw both spoons, and his water and started a full-on tantrum.  He has been know to throw some good tantrums but never at breakfast.  So I tried giving him something else to eat and the same scenario ensued. He ended up not eating anything for breakfast which is very rare for him.  Then at lunch we tried again and I got some applesauce out with two spoons.  Same thing happened.  By now I am more than frustrated but really didn’t know what was making him so mad.  Then out of desperation I just handed him over the applesauce and both spoons.  Immediately he calmed down and ate the whole thing by himself.  From then on he wants to do everything by himself.  He does get quite messy(ok that is an understatement) but it has made meal times actually more relaxed because I can eat at the same time the boys are eating.  As I look back, he has always been a more independent eater; he hardly ever ate baby food and always wanted finger foods even before teeth.  While now he is all on his own.  Oh and check out his lovely bed head.

DSC_0019 DSC_0017

DSC_0022 DSC_0011

DSC_0020 DSC_0021

No comments: