Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Peace

“Christmas is a time when peace may visit the earth and find a dwelling place in every heart.”
Quote from the Children’s book “Christmas is a time of Giving” by Joan Walsh Anglund
As I was reading this cute little book I got form the library to Nathan the other day I read this quote and was so impressed with the truth of this statement. Christmas time is a time when PEACE Himself may visit the earth and wants to dwell in each of our hearts. Now, I don’t know if this author is a Christian or not(I would like to think so by other quotes she mentions) but don’t we all wish for world peace, especially at Christmas time. During this time of Advent I have prayed that God would open my eyes to new truths about Him and about this wonderful and true story. After reading this quote I immediately thought about the many places in Scripture that speak of peace and I also thought about how often I pray for peace(peace with a decision I have to make, peace in our household, peace in our city, nation, and world…).
Isaiah 9:6 “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given…and He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Jn 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you…”
Lk 2:13-14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”
2 Thes 3:16 “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.”
No comments:
Post a Comment