Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Monday, April 23, 2012

Luke getting tubes

Last Monday I took Luke in early to get tubes put in both ears.  Dan was off thankfully so he stayed home with Nathan, took him to school, and then helped out with Luke.  We got to the hospital around 6am and it was already packed.  We had to wait for a little over an hour but as you can see in the pics below they had plenty of stuff to keep the kids busy and happy.  The surgery last 5 min or less(no kidding) and he was in the recovery room for less than 5 minutes.  I didn’t even take 2 sips of coffee or even open my magazine but that was fine with me.  Luke was extremely sad and crazy crying afterwards which was sad to see.  The car ride was hard and he threw up when we got home.  But after sitting on the couch with Daddy watching his favorite movie “Meet the Shapes” twice he was as good as new.  He started eating and drinking and wanted to go outside (“side, side”).  So Dan and I made the most of the rest of the morning and ran and errand to Lowes to get some vegetables to plant.  The pics below show how happy Luke was about getting to drink a juice box IN THE CAR.  Yes, it did make a mess but I was feeling merciful and who can resist those eyes and that smile, especially after surgery!

 

I love how he is holding both his wooby (my old pajama shirt0, and his penguin  in most of the pictures.

DSC_0203 DSC_0205

DSC_0225 DSC_0213 DSC_0219

Recovering at home

DSC_0239 DSC_0252

Back to normal and loving his juice box!!!

DSC_0255 DSC_0260

DSC_0263

1 comment:

Alicia said...

So glad he is feeling better:)