Last week Nathan’s school had a Mother’s Day Tea for all the mothers in each class. The kids escorted the Mothers to their seat, and showed us artwork they made for us. Then they served us pink lemonade and cookies. They then sang two sweet songs. It was a fun time. The only glitch was that during the second song Nathan must have thought things were going too smoothly so he decided to stop singing and just start kicking everywhere. So there I was just sitting there with all the other moms video taping our lovely children while mine is kicking everyone. Oh well, that’s my Nathan. That night before bed he must have felt guilty (although I didn’t make a big deal about it other than telling him he disrupted all the other mom’s mother’s day tea) because he said: “Mom, I’m sorry I didn’t make your mothers day tea special.” I was so moved (happy that he knew he had done wrong but sad that he had guilt in his heart). It was a special day and I love Nathan in all his ups and downs.
No comments:
Post a Comment