Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Memorial Day at the Lake

We always love going to the lake but this one was especially exciting because Nathan has seriously been asking me when he could go on Papa’s boat sine early January.  I told him then that we had to wait until it got warmer.  Since its been warm since March he I then told him we had to wait until Summer.  I finally pulled out a calendar after he got of out school “for the summer” and we crossed off days until we could go.  I was so thankful no one got sick or we had to postpone it because I just don’t think his little heart could have waited any longer.   Three different times while we were there Nathan looked at me and said “I’m sure glad its finally summer.”

 

We did have a great time and of course I took a million bazillion pictures.  But thanks to Windows Live Writer I can just put as many pics as I want in one post. So here goes.

ON THE BOAT

DSC_1455 DSC_1438 DSC_1721DSC_1864

 

Papa did a thumbs up sign one time and that cracked Luke up so ALL weekend Luke was trying to perfect his “thumbs up”

DSC_1741DSC_1760DSC_1769DSC_1773DSC_1791DSC_1775

Sweet brothers, not even directed but thankfully I had my camera on so I was able to quickly snap a couple shots

DSC_1893DSC_1896DSC_1899

Nathan directing Papa to turn right.  Lots of fun boat time and thankful that Uncle Kevin was able to come for a day.  And Nathan actually went on the tube with me which he said earlier he wasn’t going to do.

DSC_2085DSC_2098DSC_2103DSC_2123DSC_2133DSC_2143DSC_2176DSC_2289DSC_2307

Sunset ride

DSC_1901DSC_1915DSC_1945DSC_1980DSC_1999DSC_1948

Fishing; Nathan told me he wanted to catch a fish and a catfish while we were there.  With the help of Papa and the neighbors grandson they caught a small brim and the our neighbor caught a catfish and showed Nathan.  Its cracking me up that Nathan is waving to the catfish…how cordial he is.

DSC_1708DSC_2271DSC_2416DSC_2424

Luke playing golf.  I couldn’t keep Luke’s earplugs in that he is supposed to wear while his tubes are in his ears and since he isn’t as big into swimming he mainly stayed on land and played golf.  He loved this little set Papa had and has quite a good swing.

DSC_1846DSC_1855

Catching Lightening bugs: what a fun summer activity.  I remember clearly going out at night with my brother to catch lightening bugs.  There was a wonderful field FULL of them and the boys had a ball.

DSC_1517DSC_1520DSC_1523DSC_1537DSC_1666DSC_1667DSC_1670DSC_1673DSC_1679

More sunset pictures.  We decided last minute to take a walk to catch lightening bugs and see the sunset so Nathan is already in his pajamas but oh well, the light was cool anyways.  And there was a huge corn field that the boys loved running through. The next night they didn’t have their pj’s on but still lake attire.

DSC_1531DSC_1543DSC_1547DSC_1552DSC_1565DSC_1572DSC_2310-2DSC_2317-2DSC_2334-2DSC_2338-2DSC_2374DSC_2332DSC_2353-2DSC_2368-2

No comments: