Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nathan and Me

Nathan is staying home with me this year and I have been so excited and loving it (so far).  We started our Bible study today which has a great children’s program and on other days when Luke is in school we try and do “bigger” boy activities.  Throughout the weeks we have also been doing some pre-K activities based on a curriculum I am loosely following (its called “My Father’s World).  The very first day I asked Nathan to sit at the table with me he said “no thank you” but then I explained that since he wasn’t going to school this year I was going to be his teacher and so I had a lot of fun things to teach him.  Well, surprisingly to me he said “ok mommy, and when you are done I will teach you something too.” And he did, he told me the difference between a Nascar car and a Formula One car (he was right, I didn’t know anything about race cars).   So cute.  I don’t expect it to always go that smoothly but so far we take between 45 minutes to and hour a day (not all at the same time usually) going over some handwriting or craft and then do lots of good reading. The first week we made a book about the 7 days of creation and learned how to write numbers and cut out the number shapes and then do a craft pertaining to what happened on that day.  One of our first big boy activities was going to the art museum.  I would have never taken him there but they have a children’s area that is closed off and its really neat and great for all ages, even Luke’s age and younger.  Its new so it hasn’t been crowded the last two times we have been and its free. 

 

the second week we learned about the letter “S” and did some experiments about the Sun- making a sundial and starting the process of making raisins.

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-3022012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-3082012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-315

2012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-32012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-82012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-17

The art Museum

2012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-392012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-43

The had a table the was painted with chalkboard paint to color all over, and then an entire magnetic wall to stick things on.

2012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-272012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-64

Nathan’s favorite were these large screens that you could touch and act like you are painting on it.  It was like a giant IPAD.

2012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-662012 9 sept MBCC MDO, mcwane, art mus, crafts, splash pad-72

No comments: