Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vestavia Hiking Trail

I love to take the boys outside and they love new adventures (as do I) so one day a couple weeks ago after 2 days of rain we were all antsy so I thought I would take the boys to the hiking trail behind Vestavia Library.  We have been several times before but mainly just to throw rocks in the water and usually Dan is with me because it’s a little more challenging than other creeks, especially for Luke’s age.  But I figured we could handle it and that we were going to go on a real hike.  Nathan was pumped about using his backpack and actually wanted to be the one to carry all the snacks (sounded good to me).    We all had a really great time and hiked for a good 45 minutes.  Its beautiful down there and I’m always amazed that its right in the heart of Vestavia because it looks like something you would find at a State Park. 

 

Taking a break on a bench, hiking on the trails and throwing rocks

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-442012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-492012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-77

Climbing on an old stump; I had to escort each boy separately across this bridge; and then Nathan helping Luke up the step

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-962012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-1022012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-132

My big trailblazer

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-1182012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-1232012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-129

And my sidekick who kept a tight grip of my hand since there were lots of stumps and roots.  Love him

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-148-22012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-152-2

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-1602012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-175

Isn’t this place beautiful. Can you believe its right in Vestavia.

2012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-1642012 9 sept aldridge with blairs, vestavia hiking, MBCC MDO,sun crafts-166

No comments: