This year I had no idea what the boys would be for Halloween because I learned from last year that children like to change their minds frequently. We had in our stash of costumes superman and batman, matching spiderman costumes, and matching doggie costumes. I figured they would want a super-hero costume but when it actually came to Halloween day at 4pm I finally asked Nathan to nail down what he wanted to be for Halloween and he said “Annie” who is my parents’ dog. So it was the easiest costume ever. They both had doggie winter hats and I put them in normal clothes and just painted a dog face on them with eyeliner. They both loved barking and pretending to dig…like Annie and they did great Trick or Treating. I wasn’t sure how Luke would do but he loved it and actually wanted to do it all by himself. Nathan did great saying Trick or Treat and making sure to say “thank you” ( I told him sternly that if he didn’t say thank you at each house that the candy he got at that house would disappear). We went with some friends in their neighborhood and had a wonderful evening of pizza first and candy for dessert.
The afternoon started off with Nathan and I making some pumpkin cookies and then carving our jack-o-lantern. I had never carved one myself because my dad had always carved it when I was growing up and Dan has done it the last several years. But we had forgotten to carve it this year until Halloween Day so I decided to tackle it myself. I kept it real basic for sure. Before going out trick or treating we had to stop by and see our neighbor who always spoils the boys with treats even when its not Halloween.
No comments:
Post a Comment