Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Saturday, August 23, 2008

And We Rejoice

On AUGUST 18, 2008 Dan and I were blessed with such a wonderful gift from God...Nathan Mack Matteo was born at 3:21 pm and was 7lbs 5oz, 20 inches long. I ended up having to have a C-section because after 8 hours of contracting I still had not progressed. It really wasn't that bad and within about 7 minutes of being in the operating room we heard our baby start crying. It was such a glorious sound. Both sets of his grandparents were there to greet him, as well as his uncle Kevin and my precious friends Karen Connor, Heidi Drake, and Russel and Shireen Wright. He is absolutley gorgeous (not that i am biased or anything) and so sweet (so far he definitley has his daddy's temperant which is a huge praise).
On day 2 he was having a little trouble feeding and i asked the nurse and they realized that his respiratory rate was too high. They had to take him to the NICU and he has been there ever since. It has been really hard to see him in there with tubes and wires on him and not to be able to hold him much, but Dan has been so good to remind me of the many great things about him and how God is in control; so it was not hard to come up with the title of this post "And We Rejoice." I do confess I haven't felt that joyful, especially since i have gotten home and don't have him with me, but everytime i see him my spirit is lifted high. I do ask that you would pray that God would heal him completely and that he would be able to come home this week. Thank you so much! Below are some pictures of our precious little gift!




5 comments:

Poodle said...

He's beautiful!! Heidi has kept us up with what is going on - we have been praying, for Nathan's health, and for peace for you and Dan. I know this is hard, but he will be home with you soon - and you will be sooo very ready! Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Shireen said...

Hey, girl,
What a great post...a very good update. I've enjoyed looking through your Picasa pictures, and Nathan is a beautiful combination of both you and Dan. :)
I LOVE all these pictures!! Well, we know you have the perfect little subject for your photography, now! :) He's going to get sick of that obnoxious flash!! :)
Russell and I are looking forward to lunch with you and Dan tomorrow. It will be good for all of us. See you then, my sweet friend.
I am proud of you. You know we are praying.

Karen and Adam Blair said...

What a sweet baby boy! He definitely knows his mama in that last picture. We are all praying for a quick homecoming! God has blessed you indeed!

Amy Isbell said...

what a cutie pie!!! we are praying that he will be home soon! can't wait to meet the little guy.

The Picardy's said...

Dan and Ashley,
What a sweet little boy...he is so handsome! We have been thinking of you daily and praying for you and Nathan as well. We look forward to meeting your little man. Keep us updated. Love, Stacey and Thomas