Well its August 13th which may not ring any bells for the rest of you, but its the date i have been looking forward to for the last 9 months. I have always thought of my due date like my wedding date because it is a certain date on the calendar that you look so forward to. However, unlike our wedding date this date has come and we still have no baby. I can't say that I am overly suprised or even disapointed because God has truly given me a peace about His timing. However, I do have to admit that i will be ready for this baby to be born as soon as possible. The update from the doctor is that I go back this friday to see if i have progressed any and if not then i will have to check in on sunday night to get things going and then be induced on monday. If i have progressed and the baby doesn't come on its own then i will just come in on monday morning to be induced. I am not a real big fan of being induced so i am praying for the baby to come on his own, but the doctor thinks its in the baby's best interest to not wait too long after the due date , and i trust her opinion. And, at least i know by next week we will have our baby!!! Please be in prayer for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby. The verses i have been praying through during this pregnancy for Nathan are:
Proverbs 23:26 "My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways."
Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life."
1 Cor 9:15 "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift."
2 comments:
Ashley,
Amen to the verses! AMEN!
What a great update to share, and you know we are praying right alongside with you. Russell and I prayed together the last two nights.
We love you guys, and I even caught myself praying on the way in to work that the Lord would allow me to be available to head to the Hospital when you call me! :)
I'm proud of you, and I thank the Lord for giving you HIS peace and calm.
Ashley- I had not progressed ANY and then went into labor w/ Georgia on my own... it can still happen! Any way it happens, you will have your sweet boy in your arms soon and how he got there won't matter! We're praying that all goes well for you & Nathan, and for patience and strength!
Post a Comment