We finally got to take our sweet baby Nathan home yesterday around 4pm. What a joy it was to leave the hospital with our baby in tow, and to actually have a baby in the before empty car seat. It was so nice to drive into our cul-de-sac and to have two of our neighbors outside who welcomed Nathan to the neighborhood and took pictures of us on our front step. We do have the best neighbors!!! However, moments later after we entered the front door, both Dan and I looked at each other and thought "So now what?"
It was a great first day and night and i truly only put him down for maybe 30 minutes while i ate my dinner. We have enjoyed today and got to sit outside and watch our daddy mow the grass and feel the sun and breeze on our skin. All of us have been cooped indoors for the past 2 weeks and i just knew that Nathan would love to see the outside world. He said it was a little bright, but with his sun shade over him he was great.
Through this time of waiting Dan and I have truly been blessed with having friends call and visit and send sweet text messages so we thank everyone for all your prayers and kind words. We have also enjoyed getting to spend so much time with each other and dream of good times as a family. Other perks have been a increase in my prayer time(during late night pumpings there wasn't much else i could do, and God truly made His presence know to me). I hope this practice will continues. We also got lots of great knowledge about caring for babies from all the nurses in the NICU, and some extra rest before Nathan came home. We truly praise God for being so faithful to us!
Psalm 126:3 was posted in the NICU handwashing room and it is truly how Dan and I feel:
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
We also agree with the writer of Psalm 127:3 " Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him."
1 comment:
Ashley, Amen & Amen!
I rejoice with all of my heart, mind, body and soul for Nathan's homecoming! If I didn't have dinner plans in about an hour, I think I'd just invite myself over for the evening! :) Well, I'll save that for Saturday! :) Hee hee hee!
You really DO have the greatest neighbors, and I KNOW you praise the LORD for them! I was wondering if a neighbor took the picture of the three of you outside on your front porch, since I know your mom's not there yet! :)
Oh, Lord, our God, thank YOU for this little miracle who has been named Nathan, and please continue to grow him strong physically and especially spiritually in Yourself. We ALL pray this is the MIGHTY name of JESUS! Thank You! Amen!
Enjoy every moment, guys!
Post a Comment