Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Friday, November 7, 2008

Shireen's Shower











I hadn't posted anything about Shireen's shower yet because she had posted a nice message and lots of pictures on her blogsite. However, I got to thinking that I wanted to go ahead and post it on our site as well. My sweet sweet friend Shireen is expecting a little boy (Samuel Rhys Wright) in January and a couple girls and I threw her a shower at my house this past weekend. I had the privilege to host her wedding shower at our old house so I was excited about getting to host her baby shower now at our new house. It was a great turnout of lots of incredible ladies from different churches, different ages, and different stages of life all in one house celebrating Shireen and her upcoming baby. A friend made the comment that it was so evident of how giving and encouraging Shireen is to everyone, that we all just jump at the chance to celebrate her. The shower was from 10-12 and we just talked the whole morning away, even while Shireen was opening up her fun gifts. The menu included homemade scones, sausage-cheese squares, a mixed berry fruit salad, pumpkin dip with gingersnaps, a beautiful cake from Publix, punch and coffee. It was a great time!

1 comment:

Shireen said...

...and I had a WONDERFUL time...still on Cloud Nine from all the GOOD fellowship!

Thank you, Ashley! Maybe we can plan strategically with our number 2's and have a double baby shower between the two of us...a BIG PARTY! :)

Love YOU, sweet friend!!