The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Fine China Supper Club- Spring Edition
Last Friday night we hosted the second Fine China Supper Club. After the Blairs put on a festive Valentine fare, we thought we would make a toast to Spring this time. It was fun to get the table decorated and to use our fine china, which means even more to me since it was my mom's which she picked out for her wedding and I love it as well. We had a great time and had the privilege to have Brad and Barbie Anderson, Adam and Karen Blair (who get my vote for the future Mayor of Vestavia and First Lady), and their friends Josh and Melissa who we really enjoyed getting to know. We prepared a beef wellington and served Spring Spritzers (Cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and sprite...yeah we get crazy around here); Karen brought a yummy mixed green salad with homemade salad dressing; Melissa made delicious roasted potatoes; and Barbie finished our night off on a great note with her decadent apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Nathan enjoyed watching Praise Baby DVD until he almost fell out of the swing(good thing it has a harness, but I think that's a good sign that he has outgrown that swing). We are very thankful for such great friends and we always love good food, so it was a perfect evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My favorite part isn't even mentioned!! I love the adornment on the table...the fun EASTER M&M's!!! :) Also, I LOVE the fun name tags, and are those Scripture references??? How CREATIVE!!! Where did you come up with all of those ideas??? :)
You all have so much fun and know how to "live it up!" If we were in Fusion, I'd insist on being in yall's cg! ;)
P.S. The beef wellington looks like it turned out beautifully! Good job, Ashley!
Post a Comment