The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Happy Father's Day!
During these past weeks of Nathan being off his nap schedule from being in the hospital, he wasn't sleeping that well at night either. So many nights, Dan(the more patient one) would have to go up and sleep with him in the bed we have in his nursery.
This past weekend was a celebration of some wonderful men in my life. First of all, I was sad we didn't get to see my dad(but am excited about seeing him this weekend) because he has always been the best dad a girl could ask for. He has always been so much fun and played all kinds of sports with me growing up, and has always been a good model for me to look to when looking for a husband of my own. Thanks Dad!
Secondly, I want to thank my father-in-law for loving me so abundantly from the very beginning, and for raising such a great man who has become my husband and the father of my son.
Last but definitely not least, I want to celebrate Dan, a wonderful husband and awesome dad. There are no instruction books on how to be a dad, but evidently you didn't need one. You have been amazing from the first second he was born (and they gave him to you first) and each and every day these last 10 months. I thank you in behalf of Nathan for being so selfless and also for being such a great model of living for Christ that he will get to follow in the years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a sweet sweet tribute to the great men in your life, friend!
I like Nathan's new swing!! :) I'm not sure how long yall have had it, but it's new to me! :)
One little note...there IS an instruction book written to fathers (& mothers) regarding parenting, and Dan is studying it and following it in order to know how to raise your sweet boy just as the LORD wants him to be raised. ;)
Post a Comment