Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Friday, June 18, 2010

22 Months!

 


 


It is hard to believe I will have a 2 year old in just two months. At times he does look so big and can do so many more things now, but at other times he still seems like such a little baby and definitely not a boy yet. I do love to give him kisses as often as I can and although he is constantly moving he still loves to snuggle with his momma!

Below are new things he is doing and are mainly for me to remember so please don't let the details bore you.
Two new posts below of our most recent day trip...

-Nathan can count from 1-10
-He can say all of his letters but rarely gets through the whole alphabet with out getting distracted
-Still loves to name all the shapes and colors he sees and the funniest thing to me is that every morning when I go to get him up the first thing he says will be a color (usually whatever color I am wearing or that he sees in his crib). He stands up and shouts out "BLUE, or YELLOW, or whatever." It definitely gives me a good laugh.
-He has had several scrapes, bruises, falls, and even a toe nail fall off but thankfully he shakes them off quickly. I think it distresses Dan and I more than him.
-He loves sprinklers, pools, and especially the hose. Yet just like everything else his attention only lasts a couple minutes until he is onto a new task.
-He continues to love balls and knows to shoot a basketball, throw a football, kick a soccer ball, and bounce his red rubber ball. He also loves to throw and swing at his golf ball and ping pong ball. We got him a toy golf club but in less than two minutes we decided he was not ready because he about took all of our heads off with it. Maybe in a couple months he will understand the mechanics of keeping it on the ground a little better.
-Other new toys he likes which we have had but he just recently has started loving are: his mower, sidewalk chalk, crayons and paper, and his dinosaurs(he lines them all up and counts them).
-Although he has become extremely more verbal he still doesn't talk in sentences and many words still need a mother's interpretation.
-DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE. This is definitely an issue we are ALL working on. Dan and I are learning just as much as Nathan is in this area. Some days if I was diligent enough Nathan would be in timeout for half the day. He loves to test us and we are trying to be firm, and consistent, but also loving and instructive at the same time. You can pray for our patience and discernment in this area.

Overall, we are just amazed everyday at how fun and cute and sweet he is and thank GOD for His many many blessings. We pray that Nathan will continue to grow and learn the ways of the Lord, and that we would bring God glory in how we raise him.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Such a smart and fun 22 month old!! Great seeing you all the other day. Caroline is still laughing about Mr. Dan putting in her hairbow.