The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Sunday, August 28, 2011
The Letter "A"
So this was the first week of what I hope to be a contined project of learning our letters, how to write or trace them, and to have fun with reading and making crafts. I had two friends that posted a couple years back about doing different activities and crafts for each letter of the Alphabet. I loved seeing everything they did and what the kids were learning and I couldn't wait to try it with Nathan. We got him an alaphabet Scripture memory book for his birthday and he has loved it so I thought I would capitalize on this time to try out our crafts and such. A blog that I love to read has weekly ABC crafts and scripture verses is www.totallytots.blogspot.com It is an amazing site and although the women who compile it must have way more time on their hands and much more compliant children than I do its still inspiring to read.
Before I started this project I had to pray for God to give me peace and joy even if Nathan didn't care about any of the projects or didn't pay attention or lost complete interest after a few short weeks. This was healthy for me because i tend to have great expectations and feel defeated if all my grandiose plans don't work out. So I just thought I would give it a shot and do all the crafts when I just have Nathan awake and to use this time for "some" learning but more on being together and practicing life skills such as following directions and sitting still(very hard issues for 3 year old boys such as my sweet Nathan). And if we only get through a couple letters thats ok.
We have been doing this for two weeks now(see letter B below) and the positives are: Nathan does get excited about our Letter time when I put Luke down, he asks to say his Bible verse at every meal, I am learning about being patient and starting to learn about how he learns best(long way to go here), and we are reading a lot more throughout the day. Some difficulties have been: he, to no suprise, has very little attention span so all crafts must be completely set up before attempting any of them, and I had no idea how uncoordinated kids are at this age as far as drawing or tracing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
wow ashley!!! majorly impressed!!! Good for you!! love ya girl and i want to do the bible verses! let me know where you got the book!!
I second Dana's comment! So neat and I want to know where you got the book too :)
I LOVE your post about helping Nathan with his letters and bible verses. The crafts look SO cute...and the pie looks delicious:) Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Post a Comment