The Matteo Family: Dan, Ashley, Nathan and Luke. We are so grateful for our marriage, our family, and our friends. I post on this blog to keep a record of all the memories we make together. But above all I give the glory and gratitude to the One and Only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the Glory!
Matthew 6:33
"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."
Friday, August 19, 2011
Luke's Stats
We took both boys into the doctor for their well visits today. Luke started off as my chubby one but is the exact same weight as Nathan at one year and although he doesn't look that skinny he is in the 25% percentile of weight. His stats are: 19.2lbs and 29.6 inches(50% in height). He eats just about anything you put in front of him (that he can feed himself) but he also is very, VERY active and is on the move at all times. I thought Nathan was active but Dan and I both think he is even more. It may just be that now we have two to look after but I will tell you this Luke of ours will get into anything and everything in a blink of an eye. He also has a mischeivious little smile he gives to you if you catch him in the act of causing trouble.
Below are things I want to remember about Luke at this age(reader beware, maybe a little boring)
-He really does eat and want anything you are eating and manages to eat it fairly well with only 2 1/2 teeth. His favorites are: any kind of pasta with spaghetti sauce, scrambled eggs, toast dipped in milk, yogurt, sausage, most fruits, cooked carrots, peas, black beans, cheerios, and graham crackers.
-He loves his ride on toys and although is not walking he is much more coordinated riding his toys than Nathan was for awhile. He will ride all the up and down our culd-de-sac and even across our grass. He also doesn't mind crawling anywhere. We just cringe when he heads out full force after a ball on the hard concrete.
-He really loves to flip through books and he has his favorites. If the one he wants isn't sitting out he will dig through the shelf until he can find it. He still doesn't care for me to sit and read books very long to him but he loves to flip through them. I have several in his crib and many mornings he will stay up there with his books for 30 minutes after he wakes up.
-He continues to be a little more needy than Nathan was and loves to put on a good whine. But he is doing much better at the church nursery and is starting a one-day a week mothers day out program next week.
-Although he does like to wine he also has the cutest smile and giggle you have ever seen.
-He LOVES to play peek-a-boo which cracks Nathan and me up.
-Favorite songs are patty-cake, itsy bitsy spider, 3 little piggies, and the wheels on the bus.
-I weaned him from nursing 3 weeks ago with no trouble and he is drinking out of a sippy cup or sports bottle really well.
-It has been so fun getting to see his personality come out and I feel so blessed to have these two boys in my life. I pray that God continues to raise Luke up to be a man of stregth, faith, and integrity. We love you Luke!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment