Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Letter Catch-up

We continue to do our letter verses, books, and crafts each week but I have been slow about blogging about it.  I also haven’t taken as many pictures of the books or crafts mainly because Nathan gets sick of my camera anyways so I hate to bug him with less crucial pictures.  I think I left off on the letter T.

 

For the letter “T” we read books about Trees, and Trucks, and Trains. Our crafts were a tree made from Nathan’s hand painting, and a truck made out of all kinds of crackers.  Our “T” verse was Exodus 20:15 “Thou shalt not steal.”  We talked more about how taking someone’s toy away is a form of stealing.

 DSC_0886 DSC_0884

DSC_0893DSC_1421

 

For the letter “U” we read two books about Umbrellas and one about the Universe.  We made two umbrella crafts.  Only one is pictured, the other one was with those little drink umbrellas and sand and we made a beach scene.  It got a bit messy with sand and glue involved so the camera didn’t come out.  Our “U” verse was Psalm 75:1 “Unto you, O God do we give thanks.”  The story in the book talked about playing a game about what you are thankful for and Nathan actually thought it was fun which was a huge milestone since he hardly offers up anything he is thankful for at prayer time.  The other night at prayer time he said he was thankful he knew how to spit, that wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear after a long day. 

DSC_1418

 

For the letter “V” we read books about the dinosaur Velociraptor, a duck and goose named Violet and Winston, and a book about Violins.  For our crafts we sorted all the ball stickers and counted the VOLLEYBALLS, and then we made the stickers in the shape of a “V”.  We also had fun playing with our dinosaur stickers and stamps, and made a Violin out of foam paper and pipe cleaners.   The best craft was definitely the Volcano that Daddy helped make.  Dan helped Nathan mold some clay into a volcano and then did the good ol’ science fair trick of mixing baking soda and vinegar.  We did leave out the red food coloring (thankfully).  It was a fun experiment we all had fun with. Our verse was John 6:47 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth in me hath everlasting life.  I was encouraged when we said this verse Nathan mentioned that this verse was just like John 3:16.  I thought about it and said, yes, it is.  They both talk about whoever believes in Jesus will have everlasting life.  In the days of constant battle of the wills and horrendous behavior it was encouraging for me to realize that he is learning and retaining something from these verses.  Now if God would just plant these verses a little deeper in his heart (and mine too for sure) that would be great!

DSC_1419DSC_1420

DSC_0283DSC_0278

DSC_0295DSC_0304

No comments: