Matthew 6:33

"Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all else shall be added unto you."

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Proud Moment

This past Sunday I had a proud moment, not a proud mama moment or even proud self moment.  I was beaming with pride because my brother and I did a triathlon together.  Last year I don’t know what went off in my brother’s head but something lit a fire under him.  He decided to start walking and exercising and not drinking cokes.  Well low and behold he lost over 60 pounds.  At Christmas time he mentioned wanting to do a triathlon with me.  I was of course PUMPED but didn’t want to go overboard and cause him to resent the idea.  Over the past couple months we have talked about training tips and different runs and its been so fun.  Well this sunday was the culmination of all of our talk.  We competed in a sprint triathlon at the JCC.  It was freezing before we started and I was dreading getting out of the pool and onto my bike. But thankfully after the initial freeze it wasn’t that bad and we both had FUN which is what its all about.  He’s even talking about doing another this summer.  Now I just need to convince Dan that I need time to go train. I mean I can’t let me brother beat me!! Smile

DSC00467 DSC00471 DSC00476-2

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Impressive!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

that is so special ashley!! awesome!!!