Isn’t every day at the lake a party? I feel like it is. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE THE LAKE?) Anyways, this weekend we did have a small party for Luke turning 2. Nothing extravagant but a time of celebration for sure. We had our beloved friends the Drakes come up to help celebrate. One of the craziest things was just remembering back 12 years ago when Heidi and I would come up to the lake in college and then when Heidi and Drake started dating and he would come as well. We lived it up back then with tube wars, flips on the tube, wakeboarding, windsurfing and anything else crazy and physical we could think up. Now, 5 kids later we are “living it up” in a far different way, but so thankful and excited to start making new kinds of memories. And of course we have always been thankful for my parents being such generous hosts (funny thing is that although we have aged 12 years and have accrued 5 children, they don’t seem to have aged at all…good for them).
The colors were red and blue and we had pinwheels on the cupcakes and all over for decoration and all the kids got super hero capes. My mom got the boys some great superhero shirts with capes attached and I found matching shirts (minus the capes) for Dan and I. Luke has always loved his red cape pictured below but after opening his superman shirt with cape he found a new obsession. He seriously wanted it on the entire weekend.
Nathan and Isaiah had such a great time together. Their personalities click really well. Nathan looks up to Isaiah so is usually pretty good about sharing with him and Isaiah is patient and puts up with Nathan’s busyness. And they both embraced all things water, and being super heroes.
Nathan loved doing a rather dramatic tumble out of the tube every time.
Taking some time our to relax
FUN on the boat
Luke made it very clear to all of us that he was turning 2!!!
1 comment:
Precious! Happy Birthday Luke!!
Post a Comment